Our first service together again in person will be on Sunday, September 13. We are so excited to welcome people back into our church building. However, your health and safety are of the utmost importance, so we will be continuing our Zoom services indefinitely. Those who are unwell, concerned for their own health, or simply prefer the online format can continue to worship online.
We are following strict government and Diocese mandates as we re-open. Because of the disinfecting protocol, we will be gathering for one Sunday service only at 10:00 am. The online service will also move to 10:00 am, effective September 13.
We wish to thank you all for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these new challenges.
What to expect when returning to in-person parish worship:
- Please reserve your pew [link coming soon] for each upcoming Sunday service through our website. Registration will be open from Monday to Thursday in the week prior to the service. When you register, you will be asked to attest to a set of screening questions. You can register yourself and up to 4 others in your family or social circle. (If you are not able to register via the website, you can call the church office and ask Maria to register you; see office hours and phone number here.)
- Access to the church will be via the breezeway doors off Centre Street only. Lines will be marked along the pathway to assist with social distancing.
- Masks must be worn at all times in and around the church building.
- You will be required to check in and complete health self-assessment questions before entering. Kindly use the hand sanitizer available here, and throughout the church. A sidesperson (usher) will escort you to your pew. All your personal belongs must stay with you. Please arrive early to allow for extra time for this process.
- Children will remain with their family. Families may bring their own toys and snacks for children but must not share them with others.
- No hymn or prayer books will be available for use. The order of service will continue to be provided on our website and by our parish email list. We ask that you print your copy at home or bring your device to church to follow along. A few paper services will be available at the door. Please take them home after the service and dispose of them there.
- Singing is not permitted among the congregation. One of our many talented choristers will be the soloist for your hymns.
- No physical contact is to take place. Smiles and words only when arriving and departing church and during the exchange of the Peace.
- Offering will not be taken. A collection box will be available for you to place your offerings in. We strongly encourage all parishioners to consider automatic debit. Not only is it more efficient for consistent givings and helps with financial management, it’s also safer for our counters as it eliminates the need to handle envelopes, cash and cheques.
- The celebration of the Eucharist will resume. The presiding celebrant will consecrate both the bread and the wine, and consume in both kinds, but will distribute only the consecrated bread to all others. During communion, please follow the direction of the sidespeople (ushers) who will ensure social distancing. Communicants will receive the host while still wearing a mask. They then move away from the communion minister to remove their mask, consume the host, and replace their mask, before returning to their seat.
- Fellowship/Coffee Time will not take place.
- Only one gender-neutral washroom will be available for use. Should there be a line up, markings will be on the floor for you to maintain social distancing. All other parts of the church will be closed and are not to be entered.
- Exiting the church at the end of the service will be controlled by the sidespeople and will be through the breezeway doors only, in order to maintain social distance.
During the pandemic, things are constantly fluctuating. As a result, we may need to make changes as we go. Thank you again for your patience and support.