In support of our ‘Deacon’s Cupboard’ food bank and its ministry to those experiencing food shortage or food insecurity, we are once again offering a special Lenten discipline that prompts you daily to reflect and pray and give to others in an intentional and focused way. Follow the daily prayer/giving calendar on the All Saints ‘Prayer Life’ page. Each day, you’ll be asked to
- count a particular blessing in your life;
- pray for an identified need; and
- set aside a small amount of money in a specific and fun way to donate the Deacon’s Cupboard (food bank) at the end of Lent
Those three easy things in one daily prompt! Here are some examples:
- How many cookbooks do you own? Pay 5¢ for each one. Pray for those who struggle to feed themselves and their families.
- Did you listen to someone else’s problems today? Donate 40¢ because clearly you have a generous of spirit. Pray specifically for that person now.
You will find a new prompt every day on the All Saints ‘Prayer Life’ page. Check there daily or follow @allsaintswhitby on Twitter and Instagram to see each day’s prompt for the 40 days of Lent.
Your donation will be received as part of the offertory on Easter Sunday and blessed to the use of the food bank. To make things a little easier for you, we’ve created a downloadable, printable tally sheet to help you track and total your daily givings.