Saturday, November 13th, 9:00am-2:00pm
at All Saints, 300 Dundas St. West,
Shoppers at the Bazaar* can look forward to browsing and buying at their favourite sections as in seasons past, including:
- Sweets, Jellies, Jams & Preserves: lemon curd, pepper jelly, Christmas jam, and chocolates. Need we say more? Because we could go on and on about the dazzling and tasty choices. Perfect hostess gifts or thank-you presents for schoolteachers, good neighbours, or those relatives who say they don’t want anything.
- “Pins & Needles” Table: knitted, stitched, and crocheted items, handmade with love and ready to keep your loved ones cozy this winter. (Trust me, you’ll buy something for yourself, too; everyone always does.)
- Classic Treasures: high-end secondhand and vintage items, all spiffed up and ready to sell ‘new to you.’ Perfect for thrifting that unique gift for a friend or acquaintance, without breaking the bank or hurting the planet. Includes a section of previously loved jewelry, another source for that special gift for someone who appreciates items with a little history.
- Gently Used Book Room: this is where you are going to stock up on paperbacks and nonfiction for winter reading. Bring a sturdy bag and buy a stack! Nothing like getting several good books for the price of one bought new.
- Christmas Cactus & Other Plants: something seasonal and life-giving for your home or office or your home-office, at a fraction of regular prices. And what a provenance … hand grown and potted by the parish sexton and nurtured in the light of a south-facing church window. They must be good!
- Christmas Past, Present & Future: a selection of new and secondhand Christmas decor and kitchenware to spark your seasonal decorating. Seriously, these items were so cherished, they are only used once a year! Refresh your collection with something new-ish and different this year.
- The Parish Bake Shop: be sure to stop by the parish bake sale room for a cake or pie for your dinner … I mean, dessert … and maybe a plate of cookies or squares for your lunch through the week. These treats are baked fresh on the day, and sell out fast because everyone knows church baking is the best!
We’re also pulling together a Tea Room Takeout (as opposed to an eat-on option). At the start of their visit, shoppers can order a lovely soup & biscuit combo to take away for a late lunch at home. And we’ll shortly be launching our traditional Silent Auction Online. It’ll be so silent, all you will hear is the clicking of your mouse as you bid on a carefully curated selection of new and one-of-a-kind items.
Watch this space or our social media accounts for more details.
The Bazaar is All Saints’ major fundraising event of the year,
and we are so grateful for the support of the community of shoppers
who make this part of their pre-Christmas shopping tradition.
*Note: Logistics for this signature parish event are evolving to match provincial and Diocesan gathering parameters. Everything is going to be a little more spaced out, and the customary protocols for masking, safe distancing, and contact tracing will be in effect. Parish volunteers will be fully vaccinated.